Computed Tomography (CT) Courses
10 Week Comprehensive CT Program – Live & Virtual Training – This 10-week Comprehensive CT Course is designed to provide entry-level and experienced Computed Tomography (CT) students with a comprehensive knowledge of fundamental concepts and clinical applications of CT. This course can be used to prepare ARRT or NMTCB certified imaging professionals (radiographers, radiation therapists, and nuclear medicine technologists) to take the Post Primary ARRT CT Registry. Emphasis will be given in the areas of Physics and Instrumentation, Patient Care and Safety, Imaging Procedures.
*CT 10 Week Course has Three starts a year – Jan, May, and September
This Comprehensive 10 Weeks Course includes:
- Optional “Live Lectures” – 10 sessions (Weekly Webinars/ live interactions with faculty all you need is your computer to join and participate).
- Online Course Materials- online videos, demonstrations, handouts, worksheets, quizzes, and forum interaction with students and instructors
- Free Access to one of the institutions CT Review Courses (offer good for up to six months after completion of the program)
- Certificate of completion (must participate fully to receive certificate)
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Discuss the different CT generations their advantages and disadvantages
- Understand the basic physical principles and computer fundamentals of CT.
- Understand the basic digital image processing fundamentals.
- Understand the basic CT data acquisition and image reconstruction fundamentals.
- Understand the basic CT instrumentation.
- Understand the basic CT Image quality and parameters.
- Identify scanning techniques which results in the optimal image quality
- Understand CT patient safety and dose.
- Understand artifacts, their cause(s) and possible corrective action(s).
- Explain CT Exams & Procedures
- Identify Cross-sectional Anatomy
Two Payment Methods: Sept. 22, 2020 Start
Full Payment $1,800 Due Date: Sept. 12, 2020
Split Payment 1: $900
Due: August 22, 2020
Split Payment 2: $900
Due: Sept. 12, 2020
Onsite Clinic Fee: $ 2,000
Clinic is Provided Only for Students who are enrolled in this 10 Weeks Comprehensive Program and Request Assistance at Registration
Payment in full 1 month before the student plans to start clinic.
Can do clinic during the 10 week course or start a week after the course.
Clinical Tuition includes
- Professional Liability/Malpractice Insurance for Clinical Practice
Synchronous Online Virtual Classes
|Week 1||Ten Week Comprehensive Synchronous Online Virtual Course – Session 1
CT System, Principle, Operations, and Components
|Week 2||Ten Week Comprehensive Synchronous Online Virtual Course – Session 2
CT Image Production
|Week 3||Ten Week Comprehensive Synchronous Online Virtual Course – Session 3
|Week 4||Ten Week Comprehensive Synchronous Online Virtual Course – Session 4
Contrast Media and Administration
|Week 5||Ten Week Comprehensive Synchronous Online Virtual Course – Session 5
Patient Care and Safety
|Week 6||Ten Week Comprehensive Synchronous Online Virtual Course – Session 6
|Week 7||Ten Week Comprehensive Synchronous Online Virtual Course – Session 7
|Week 8||Ten Week Comprehensive Synchronous Online Virtual Course – Session 8
|Week 9||Ten Week Comprehensive Synchronous Online Virtual Course – Session 9
Final Review Session
|Ten Week Comprehensive Synchronous Online Virtual Course – Session 10
This Course Meets ARRT Education Requirements
Candidates for post-primary certification and registration must meet two sets of requirements: certification and registration by ARRT (except where noted) in an appropriate supporting discipline and completion of clinical experience requirements. Beginning in 2016, structured education requirements must also be complete. (Verbiage taken from ARRT Handbook)
This Comprehensive course meets both the structured education and clinical experience requirement.
** If you are a student who is working in CT or your job is allowing you to gain your clinical experience through cross-training, you will only need the didactic (classroom) portion of this program.